Dear Students, Parents and Staff,
From 5th March 2021 onwards, the Control Movement Control Order (CMCO) will be replacing Movement Control Order (MCO) for the state of Johor. We have decided to resume the physical operation of Raffles University City Campus from 8th March 2021 onwards.
We have decided to plan the return to campus as follows:
Phase 1: Semester Jan 2021 – from 8th March 2021
- All classes and examinations in this semester remains online, except for some selective modules.
- Only students in selective modules will return to the city campus. They will be contacted by their lecturer.
- RU Facilities are available for use by prior appointment.
- The library will be open daily Monday to Friday during working hours.
Phase 2: May Intake
- Modules with new students and Practical-based/Lab-based modules will have Face-to-Face classes in May 2021.
- Theory-based modules will continue online learning in May 2021.
- All classes will be having blended learning from June to August 2021.
All staff, students, and visitors returning to Raffles University City Campus are strictly required to follow the RU SOP.
It has been 1 year since the first MCO was announced on 18th March 2020. I want to take the opportunity to appreciate the effort of the staff and academics for shifting the operation on and offline. All kinds of MCOs have pushed you to adapt the advanced technology and the virtual environment for students.
Now, I am excited to welcome those of you returning to the Raffles University City Campus.
Take care and be safe. Please adhere to the SOP’s to protect yourself and others around you.
Professor Dr. Graeme Britton
President, Raffles University.
5th March 2021
View all Announcements/Messages from RU Presidents:
[> Update on 5 March 2021]
[> Update on 12 January 2021]
[> Update on 31 October 2020]
[> Update on 5 October 2020]
[> Update on 15 May 2020]
[> Update on 13 May 2020]
[> Update on 20 April 2020]
[> Update on 13 April 2020]
[> Update on 25 March 2020]
[> Update on 18 March 2020]
[> Update on 17 March 2020]