MQA/FA 4740 | KPT/R/340/4/0491 | (10/2024)
2 years (Full-Time)
Malaysian Qualification Agency
Our Diploma in Business Studies provides opportunities for students to develop and demonstrate real-life business knowledge, creativity and innovation in business. It is designed to prepare students to be job-ready and/or opt for advanced standing in any of the degree programmes in RU’s Business School upon completion of the programme.
On completion of the programme, students are equipped with abilities and skills as follows:
• Demonstrate sufficient knowledge and link the various business disciplines including accounting, economics, finance, and marketing and information technology
• Use mathematical skills, IT skills, and language skills applicable to a wide variety of businesses
• Demonstrate a clear understanding of social, economic, and ethical issues and their relationships in the business context
• Apply an effective approach to business presentations and in communicating clearly both visually and verbally
• Work effectively as a member of a team as well as a leader
• Demonstrate proficiency in using analytical reasoning and creative thinking in identifying problems and issues related to businesses and how to best solve them
• Plan and manage information to demonstrate a student’s employability and value to their potential employers, by highlighting that they are industry-ready and qualified for immediate employment in any organization or for further studies in Business..
Business Development, Business Administration, Business Management and Sales & Marketing Management.
SPM: Credits in 3 subjects
O-level: Credits in 3 subjects
Others: Any other equivalent qualification recognised by the Malaysia Government which will be considered on a case by case basis
TOEFL Paper: 397
MUET: Band 3
GCE O Level /1119: Grade D
UEC: English B6
SPM: English C
TOEFL Paper: 410- 413
TOEFL iBT: 34
MUET: Band 3
The Raffles MBA was a stepping stone for my career and personal development. It gave me the tools to tackle and manage top decisions. I work for an international Pharmaceutical manufacturing company and with the knowledge and experience gained from MBA, I am able to communicate effectively with the management and make an effective contribution to the company’s success.
Being the leader of a sales team, I needed relevant knowledge to be able to lead and achieve our team’s targets. Although I have worked in this industry for a long time, higher qualification was necessary for me to move ahead in my career. I am glad to have met my lecturers and course mates whoo have guided me with their knowledge from working in their own industries.
RU (formerly known as RUI) has provided me with proper guidance and knowledge to think and overcome issues creatively. From what I have learnt, I can definitely say that RU achieved their mission, which is to provide quality education. I feel proud and grateful to be an RU student.
I am glad to be a Raffles Student as I am able to make new friends from all over the world. The lecturers in Raffles always provide a great study environment for us. I have improved my presentation and soft skills rapidly in a few months.
RU is an excellent training ground to cultivate future entrepreneurs. I learnt the functional and practical approaches to business that will be useful in preparing me in the real world.
RU helped me develop a positive attitude towards my studies and discover more about myself.
Raffles University provided a pleasant and friendly atmosphere for students to study. The teachers were incredibly knowledgeable, and brought real world expertise to their teaching method. Apart from that, the lecturers are very caring to students. They ensured every class was fun, educational, and interactive. They put in a lot of effort to groom me and transform me into a corporate professional.
The lecturers at RU are highly experienced and veterans in the industry. They challenge the status quo and challenge us to dive deep when solving problems which allowed us to practice our skills and prepare us to navigate in the working industry.
Raffles University’s professors and courses have given me a deeper knowledge of the global environment and aided my personal development in decision making in my professional space.
Raffles’ MBA course was not only about pursuing a degree but most importantly, it was about making valuable connections, networks and collaborations among colleagues who came from a diverse expertise within their industry.