Ready to apply to Raffles University? Follow these steps.
Ready to apply to Raffles University? Follow these steps.
Raffles University has 4 main faculties at the moment which are Faculty of Design, Faculty of Business, Faculty of Social Science and the Faculty of English. Browse your programme in our website.
In Raffles University, we prepare Education Consultant to assist you throughout the admission progress and pre-enrollment interview and portfolio session. Most importantly, our friendly and welcoming Education Consultant is always available to answer all your enquiries.
Click to Contact us.
Once you have made your decision of the programme and are ready to join us, you are required to prepare all the documents needed.
– A photocopy of Identity Card or passport
– Two (2) recent passport-sized color photographs [3.5cm W x 5cm H with blue background]
– Applicant’s latest education transcripts, certificates and English Language qualification. (front & back)
– Applicant’s school leaving certificate
– Application fee to be made payable to “Raffles Iskandar Sdn Bhd”
– Design portfolio (for Design student only)
* All documents submitted in other languages, please also supply certified translated copies in English and be notarized by notary public.
Upon receipt of completed documents and fees, student will be notified of application outcome within 15 working days. Successful applicants will receive the following documents via email:
– A conditional/unconditional letter offer
– Acceptance form to be completed by the student
– Official receipts
* Return the acceptance form and make payment for the Admission fee as stated in the Acceptance Form within the deadline stated therein.
– Two (2) photocopies of Passport (all pages), certified true copies by a commissioner of oaths, public notary or lawyer. Passport must be valid for at least 3 years or the duration of programme,
– Four (4) recent passport-sized colour photographs (3.5cm width x 5cm height with white background),
– Two (2) sets of Applicant’s latest education transcripts and certificates in original language & English translated copies (front & back), certified true copy by the institution issuing the document or a commissioner of oaths, public notary or lawyer, (Design student needs to submit a design portfolio)
– Certified true copy of English Language qualification,
– Application fee to be made payable to “Raffles Iskandar Sdn Bhd”,
– Pre-Arrival Medical Examination Report attached with lab results and chest x-ray film ( from non EMGS-Registered clinics hospitals) dated less than 90 days before arriving in Malaysia
– Original No Objection Certificate (NOC) for students from Sudan; Original Letter of Eligibility (LOE) for student from Iran
The Translated Copy must contain:
– Duplicates of original documents should carry a certificate, a stamp or seal and the certifier’s name and signature;
– Confirmation from the translator that is an accurate translation of the original documents;
– The date of translation;
– The full name and signature of the translator and contact details.
Additional Documents (Transfer from Another College / University in Malaysia Only)
– ORIGINAL Release Letter [from the original college/university applicant is transferring from]
– Applicant’s attendance and performance record from the original college/university [certified true copy]
– Transcripts & Certificate from the original college/ university [certificed true copy]
– Evidence [on passport] that Student Pass has been cancelled by your last previous institution of study with sufficient remaining period to apply for Special Pass.
– If you have not undertaken a Medical Screening in Malaysia [at an EMGS appointed clinic] within 6 months of your application for transfer, you will have to undergo a Medical Screening
[*All documents must be certified & signed by the Chief Executive of the original college/ university the applicant is transferring from]
– Applicants are required to complete a meet and greet form at least two week before their departure date. The Malaysian Immigration requires a representative from Raffles University to be present to escort the applicants through the Immigration Checkpoint.
– Applicants will not be allowed to pass through the Immigration Checkpoint if the university’s representative officer is absent.
– Medical and Health Insurance from Education Malaysia Global Services (EMGS) is mandatory for International students who intend to apply for a student pass in Malaysia.
– Applicants are advised to send in their applications at least 3 months before the commencement of a new intake to avoid any delays in the issue of Calling Visas.
Raffles University currently offers eligible and qualified local students study loans by PTPTN and financial aid through Kumpulan Wang Simpanan Pekerja (KWSP) withdrawal.
PTPTN Study Loan
Applicant must be a full-time student enrolled at Raffles University
– Malaysian citizen
– Not exceeding 45 years of age on date of application
– Not a recipient of other loans (e.g. MARA) or scholarship (internal or external)
– Student must have a savings account with Bank Islam
– Loan covers tuition fee only
– Student must not have any other outstanding PTPTN loan
– The remaining period of study upon application must exceed one year
– Have no other financial sponsor
– Student must have a SSPN (Skim Simpanan Pendidikan Nasional) account before making application
– Student must meet minimum CGPA of 2.0 every semester
– Pass SPM with credits in any 3 subjects OR
– Possess a Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) and qualify to enter Raffles University
KWSP Acc 2 Withdrawal
Raffles University can assist parents of student to withdraw from their KWSP Account 2 to finance their children’s education (including step-children and legally adopted children).
Quality Student Accommodation
Students can expect to have safe, convenient and well-equipped accommodation that will fulfil their everyday needs. From free Wi-Fi, swimming pools, gym facilities to dining and living room facilities. The accommodation is also close to cafes, restaurants, parks, convenience stores and shopping outlets, which means students will have a wide range of options for food, study and leisure. You will need to let us know that you need RUI student accommodation placement.
Let’s Get You Settled In
We understand that it can be hard to move away from family and friends. This is why we aim to make your transition as smooth and comfortable as possible.
All of our hostel rooms are fully furnished. Facilities provided are bed & mattress, air-conditioner, water heater, fridge, washing machine, cooker hood & hob and dining table set.
Monthly Rental Cost
Room rentals vary between RM550 and RM650, depending on the types of room selected which includes utilities (cap at RM100 per month) and free WIFI.
Travelling to campus by bus is the cheapest way. Fares cost from RM2 to RM4. Alternatively, you can also take a Grab car for RM10 per trip.
*Priority for Outstation & International Students
Available Scholarship Here (link to Scholarship page)